The report discusses weather and climate highlights and impacts in Alaska and northwestern Canada during the months of December 2016 to February 2017.
Highlights from December to February:
- The northern half of Alaska, majority of the Yukon, and northern region of the Northwest Territories experienced above normal precipitation
- South-central Alaska experienced drier than normal conditions
- Majority of Alaska and the Yukon experienced normal temperatures
- King Salmon to Gulkana, AK experienced colder than normal temperatures
Outlooks for April to June 2017:
- Majority of Alaska and northwestern Canada are 40% to 50% likely to experience above normal temperatures
- Northwest Alaska expected to experience a drier season
- Northwest Terriotries expected to experience a wetter season
This report was produced by NOAA and Environment and Climate Change Canada.